Wednesday, April 09, 2008

WHY UHURU KENYATTA DROVE MATATUS OUT THE CBD

On Monday, 7th April 2008, Local Government Minister Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta was being interviewed by KTN.

I have watched many KTN interviews in the past but something caught my attention from this UHURU-KTN interview. When asked whether he could resign from his position as the local government minister, his answer was very immediate and direct -

" I serve at the pleasure of the President. If he says I resign, I will even today. If he says I continue then I continue." (My quote might not be exact but that is how it was or close to it).

Fellow Kenyans, what caught my attention on that subject line was the fact that, Uhuru Kenyatta a full minister in the Kenyan government does not serve at the pleasure of Kenyans but at the pleasure of one man, the Hon. Mwai Kibaki. Isn't this sycophancy? What I wonder is how this minister expect to deliver services to Kenyans when his motto is to only please the president?

After hearing that, I now understand why he had to drive the Matatus out of the city centre. The president has limousines and so long as he will never use a matatu, who are the ordinary kenyans to come into the city in matatus? They should walk or pay an extra 20/= from Muthurwa to City centre. Bear in mind that breakfast is no less than 100/= for a single family nowadays God forbid if you are in a large family, and having paid shs. 50/= from wherever to Muthurwa then another twenty from Muthurwa to City Centre and back, the cost of the cheapest lunch which is chips is now 40/= and when you go home in the evening you have to eat again, bearing in mind that a 2kg packet of UNGA is almost 70! This means that the least an ordinary Kenyan should have in his pocket before putting anything aside for say house-rent is Kshs. 400/= per day? How many Kenyans earn this much in day?

If only I could get to Hon. Uhuru Kenyatta, my first request to him would be to ask him to SERVE at the PLEASURE of KENYANS. Because it is only then that he will understand the needs of Kenyans. The president is just one man. He should respect him and be loyal to him for appointing him a minister direct from the opposition benches. But this can't stop him for serving at the pleasure of Kenyans. It is Kenyans who took him to the Parliament. The president only appointed him because he was available. If Kenyans would have rejected him during elections, he would be nowhere near the president. Can the real Uhuru please stand up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this info. I missed the interview. Otherwise I wish he can get to read this. Only God will save kenya not the mps and the f**k ministers!